LBR Gardens/ Grounds
Beautiful Kauai is known as the garden island. We are also the oldest in the Hawaiian chain, and the people of Kauai are a breed all our own. But what makes us really special is our connection to the past and our unwillingness to compromise (too quickly) the integrity of our culture, instead we welcome you in to learn about it so you can fall in love with Kauai as much as we love our home. The collaboration of new cultures and old Hawaii, and how they come together to present Kauai as we are. LBR gardens are a perfect balance of the that past and present.
If you are interested in learning more about the gardens, we offer Plant Talk Story with Sabrina on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:30 am $15/ person. See review from a guest below.
Sabrina's LBR Garden Tour
1. Sabrina is a walking encyclopedia of Hawaiian/ horticulture knowledge. Her genuine enthusiasm when she sees native & thriving plants on our property (one thought to be extinct) is contagious. The tour literally started outside the lobby doors.
2. This would be a $30+ tour (1-1.5 hr) anywhere else that somehow lasted 2 hours, because it was such a natural walk, talk, questions answered, try this, eat that, etc. that we didn't realize how time had past.
3. I thought I knew everything about bananas... I was wrong.
4. Our property is FULL of various medicinal plants, edible fruits/plants (been eating star fruit wrong), etc.
5. She is very impressed with our landscapers and how well they care for our plants, trees, fruit, etc
6. There are 3 types of Bird of Paradise and we have all three.
7. We have an Autograph Tree!
8. Taro then & now.
9. Her personal stories of growing up on the island and how plants were part of their everyday lives, families harvesting together, etc.
10. HIGHLY recommend this tour.